As everyone knows, we use different types of bins to separate trash, such as green for general waste, yellow and blue for recyclable items. However, I find it interesting to know that we can also use custom-made bags in different colors to separate trash as well.
- CLEAR: as a material that can be easily seen inside without opening, it is usually used to store goods or recycled products can be reused such as cans, bottles, paper, etc.
- BLACK: for those that cannot be easily decomposed. Examples of which are plastic cans, Styrofoams, candy wrappers, Popsicle sticks, etc.
- GREEN: is used to carry those wastes that can be easily decomposed (left-over foods, vegetables and fruit peelings, dried leaves, twigs, etc).
- RED: usually seen in hospital or clinics, it is= used for bio-hazardous or those that could be harmful to the public’s health (syringe, cotton, disposable cups, human wastes, etc.)
- BLUE – for industrial materials or bulk goods for businesses (glasses, heavy plastics, fabrics, woods, etc.)